The creative process (4): so many projects, so little time . . .




While I would have liked to have spent most of my weekend at the workbench, I decided to tackle the considerable job of cleaning up and organizing the workshop after five months of neglect . . . it took most of my time, fancy that. 

When I finally sat down at the workbench for some creative time, I found I could not concentrate on projects at hand . . . on Thursday I bought two tiny Moleskine journals on a whim at the checkout at Borders . . . and I'm just dying to make little copper journal covers for them.

Then there is this project:


I found the Mimosa seed pod in Baja, and over the last few months have been messing about with a design that incorporates a single pearl, an iridescent green and gold beetle from Kenya, and a richly patinaed copper background . . . it's not quite right yet, but I like the fabricated / fused silver branches.

And then while at Ace Hardware I found brass channel wire - prefect for quick, inexpensive bead bracelets. I envision this one with all black beads (wonderful Arizona black jade) with a single red one . . .



And so I messed about with a lot of little things, but in the end didn't finish anything . . .

So many projects. It's wonderful, but sometimes I wish there were 40 hours per day . . .

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin