Reward system - a cheetah-heart T-shirt


This past Friday I had to finish up some pretty complicated - and very un-fun - accounting for a client, so I promised myself if I got through it, I would work on a fun project that had been humming around the back of my mind for weeks . . . an 'altered couture' T-shirt using cheetah-print fabric left over from my Land Cruiser center console and visor covers.

I found this bright green T at my favorite thrift shop for $1 and set about copying Amy Tangerine's wonderfully simple reverse applique process to add some whimsy to a simple T (the idea came from the spring issue of Altered Couture magazine).

One hour, a needle and some embroidery floss, scissors, and some beads, and I have a cheetah-heart T-shirt reward for hard work.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin